Monday, June 27, 2011

Microsoft WPC 2011: Prep

As a two-time Imagine Cup US Finalist, technologist, entrepreneur, and Microsoft enthusiast; I was invited by Microsoft to attend the Worldwide Partners Conference (WPC) in Washington D.C. last year. I was just one of three selected from the USA and joined a group of 15 other students from 13 different countries as part of the Microsoft Students2Business (S2B) group. [see: video montage of our group at last year's conference]

WPC10 was such an amazing experience, that I sought a way to merit an invite for WPC11. After exchanging several emails with last year's S2B group supervisor, I was asked if I would like to fill the role of group leader this year. I was thrilled to accept this position and have been working for the past couple of weeks to help get everything in order for our group. Some of the things I've been working on include: registering all of the members of our team, helping to facilitate acquisition of Business Travel Visas for members who need them, and attending conference calls to brainstorm how the S2B group can have the strongest impact while at the conference.

I have not yet mentioned where WPC will be this year. The conference will be held in one of my favorite US cities: Los Angeles, CA! The bulk of our time will be spent downtown at the Los Angeles Convention Center, however, we will begin each conference day attending a keynote next door at the Staples Center.

There are still a few things to wrap up in term of preparations. I will be co-hosting a conference call on Thursday to give details and instructions to our group. I am extremely excited for this conference and look forward to meeting all of the new members of the Students2Business team!

Check out digitalwpc.com for more information on this conference. There is a cool intro video here.


No comments:

Post a Comment